A camera-based parking guidance system relies on cameras to monitor and analyze parking spaces within a parking facility. Here’s how a camera-based system typically works:
- Camera Installation:
- Cameras are strategically installed at key points within the parking facility, such as entry and exit points, driveways, and above parking spaces. The camera system can detect up to 3 parking spaces on each of 2 sides.
- The number and positioning of cameras depend on the size and layout of the parking area.
- Image Capture and Processing:
- Cameras capture images of the parking spaces in real-time.
- Image processing algorithms analyze the images to determine the occupancy status of each parking space.
- Occupancy Detection:
- The system identifies whether a parking space is occupied or vacant based on the analysis of camera images.
- Algorithms may use image recognition techniques to distinguish between vehicles and empty spaces.
- Centralized Control System:
- The processed data is sent to a central server or control unit where it is aggregated and analyzed.
- The central system manages the overall operation of the parking guidance system.
- User Interface:
- Information about parking space availability is conveyed to users through various interfaces.
- Digital signage, LED displays, or mobile apps provide real-time updates to drivers, guiding them to available parking spaces.
- Navigation Guidance:
- The system generates turn-by-turn directions to guide drivers to the nearest available parking spaces.
- Visual or audible cues may be provided to assist drivers in navigating through the parking facility.
- Mobile Apps:
- Users can access a mobile app that integrates with the camera-based system to check real-time parking availability, receive directions, and even reserve parking spaces.
- Integration with Other Systems:
- Camera-based parking guidance systems can be integrated with other technologies, such as payment systems, access control, and security surveillance, for a comprehensive solution.
- Data Analytics:
- The system collects and analyzes data over time, providing insights into parking patterns, peak hours, and overall facility usage.
- Facility operators can use this data for better planning and management.
- Security Features:
- Surveillance cameras may be part of the camera-based system to enhance security within the parking facility.
- The system can monitor for any unusual or unauthorized activities.
Camera-based parking guidance systems offer a flexible and accurate solution for parking management. They are suitable for both outdoor and indoor parking facilities, providing real-time information to optimize the parking experience for users and improve overall operational efficiency for facility operators. A Parking guidance system is a must have solution in airports, hospitals, shopping centres, commuter car parks etc.
Check out our complete range of parking guidance systems here.
Like and subscribe to our YouTube channel here.